CAPACITY building for expansion is core to our training in order to establish a training-of-trainers model. Training on the system typically takes less than a week and has 3 phases:
- Training of trainers – Vecna Cares’ team trains the district management team. They in turn become tasked with with training the clinic’s in-charge person.
- Training of trainees (everyday users) – Representatives of the district management team train the clinic’s in-charge person with the help of Vecna Cares’ team representative.
- Onsite training – After the in-charge person has been trained, they are tasked with the training of their respective members of staff. This is done at the clinic level with the help of a representative from the Vecna’s team.
- Strengthens local capacity
- Train-the-trainer model
- Leverages local partners
- Onsite training with local support
- Training to roll-out in <1week
- Easily scalable
EFFECTIVE deployment is primarily based on physical infrastructure combined with the motivation to succeed.
- Physical Infrastructure – A constant supply of power via grid, generator, solar panels or battery and reliable wi-fi connection is essential to a successful deployment of CliniPAK
- Motivation to succeed – Health workers are relieved of up to 3 days of tallying register entries for extensive public health program reporting as well as travel to the district headquarters for delivery. They also have the opportunity to interact with electronics and computer hardware and software which is the perfect gateway to computer literacy.
SUSTAINABLE support programs are essential to the success of the implementation of CliniPAKs global health systems.
LOCAL support is developed through the train-the-trainer model of training. Therefore community health workers and other end users can readily access a support network.
ESCALATION of problems are managed through country program managers and where necessary from Vecna Care’s offices in the US, either via phone of internet.
SCALING of existing programs is dependent on pilot programs meeting critical metrics and milestones during the implementation and roll-out. These include:
- Reliable infrastructure
- Strong partnerships with local providers and government stakeholders
- Competence in the use of technology by healthcare workers and administrators
- Reporting meeting defined expectations
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
My experience implementing CliniPAK360 in Nigeria with the Vecna Cares team has been mind-expanding. They continuously demonstrate the creativity and innovation needed to identify solutions to difficult problems and the ability to follow through with execution.
Okey Ozuzu - Instrat: Vecna Cares' local partner in Nigeria